“For others Faith precedes firmness, remembrance, integration and insight”
Translation by Paul Harvey
This sutra describes a kind of positive feedback loop which is rooted in and nourishes faith:
- Faith leads to resolve, a focused quality of energy.
- Resolve acts as marker, it highlights the things that need to be done – right action.
- Right actions leads to attention.
- Attention to insight.
- Insight nourishes faith.
There is another, less functional feedback loop that feeds on and breeds doubt:
- Doubt leads to heaviness and lethargy, a dispersed quality of energy.
- Heaviness breeds forgetfulness (of remembering of wrong things).
- Forgetfulness leads to distraction.
- Distraction to confusion.
- Confusion increases doubt.