I haven’t been writing much over the last few days and probably will be writing less in the coming days (if not beyond that) because I am caught up in an experiment. I though to write a few words about the experiment.
It’s a completely messed up visual result but it has a few great things going for it: (1) it exists; (2) there is a head; (3) there are 14 limbs (which is the number I was planning for). I hope over the next few days to debug and review some of the calculations that led to this result and to achieve a much better one (granted this result should be pretty easy to top).
If/when this works it will be possible to easily:
- Create endless variations of two-dimensional postures by simply dragging joints around on the screen.
- Build a generic quality online asana library that teachers and students can easily tailor for specific needs.
- Construct practice sequences that can be illustrated for both on screen and printing resolutions.
- Enable practitioners to maintain a log of their evolving practices.
- Enable teachers to create and share online sample practices.
- and much more …
There are still many steps to take until this becomes something usable, but for now a messed up samasthiti is satisfying progress for me 🙂